Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, January 6, 2017

Owls by moonlight!

Good morning and wow is it a cold morning! temperatures reached zero Fahrenheit overnight which has caused all the drinks we store in the garage to freeze!

I'm back here today with another card using more pretties Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps.
For the first time in a long time I tried my hand at inking a background and the Owl and the Moon stamp was perfect with this technique:


I started with a circle die cut from a post-it note attached to my card for my moon. I then used stencil brushes to blend purple, 2 shades of blue and a grey ink across my card. I used torn paper to stencil my hills at the lower section.
I then removed my "moon" and used a golden yellow color to the white circle - I also blended this out to the sky to give the moon a glow. 
Placing the Owl and Moon stamp was a little tricky as I didn't have the perfect sized circle die but I don't think it looks too bad!

I finished off the topper by printing A Wise Owl poem using my PC.
The image was then matted onto black card and a grey card base.

Thank you for stopping by, you can find more inspiration from me and my teamies on the Prickley Pear blog and their Facebook page.


 photo Crafty Hugs_zpsmrp6bnmu.gif

No comments: