Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Shake the Mummy

 Good Morning! The rain has finally arrived and brought cooler weather with it - Thank goodness.

Guess what - It's Tuesday! so head on over to Digi Choosday and enter our challenge - The design team are focusing on Halloween and making shaker cards so I chose Spooky Mummy as my inspiration image:

What I Did:
I resized and printed the image twice, once on stamping card and once on printable acetate.
I colored him and cut the body from the card one. I then glued the acetate on so the body was on show giving me a window for my shaker. Turning my image over I cover the back side with foam tape excluding the window. I filled the window area with sequins, removed the backing from the foam tape and placed a piece of white card over this. this sealed the sequins in place giving me my shaker. I then added this onto an A7 card base which had been matted with black cardstock. As the image filled the card I didn't feel anything else what needed on that card.

What I Used:
Stamping Card: X-Press It
Alcohol Markers: Copic
Acetate: From my stash
White Cardstock: Neenah Solar White
Black Card: Linda Chapman
Foam Tape: Dollar Store
Sequins: Dollar Store
Glue: ZipDry

The Digi Choosday Challenge runs for 2 weeks, it is always anything goes so there is no reason not to enter and you never know you may just win!

 Looking for more inspiration? Then check out my teamies designs over on the Facebook page, you can also post your own Polkadoodles' designs on the Craft Stamp and Colour with Polkadoodles Facebook group

Thanks for stopping by, now go join the challenge!



3 comments:

Jane Savage said...

This is ingenious, Sharon!! Love it! xx

Joy Wilson said...

Darling card! I just love the way you colored him up! Have a great week!
Hugs, Joy

Jane Savage said...

This is ingenious, Sharon, love it! xx