Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Sunflower Fall Release and Blog Hop

 Good morning! We say goodbye to our house guests today, 8 dogs has been fun but I'm ready for a rest!

Joy Clair have an amazing September release starting today with a blog hop.

My inspiration card is using Thankful For You stamp collection I love sunflowers! Because of my style of card I have made 2 designs for this release my first uses the sentiment Hello Friend:



The second uses Thankful For You:



Both sentiments are part of the Thankful For You stamp collection. I started by printing 3 sunflower images. One of then I placed the Hello Friend sentiment. I also printed the Thankful For You sentiment. I then colored only one of the images. I die cut a circle from my colored image and put to one side keeping both the circle and the outer part of the sunflower. I matted a black card base with brown and yellow cardstock and then added my uncolored Hello Friend image. I then added wet glue to the back of the colored circle and lined it up on the uncolored image making a spotlight effect. I then added a few clear enamel dots to the card to finish my design.
My second card was made in the same way except I lined up the outer part of my colored sunflower and glued it in place. These were then trimmed and matted on yellow card. I wrapped a length of ribbon around a piece of yellow card and patterned paper and added this to a top folding card base. My Sunflower was adhered in place with foam tape. Thankful For You was matted with yellow card and foam tape glued this in place. A few yellow dots scattered on the uncolored portion of the card finished the design.

To enter the blog hop please leave a comment and answer the following question:


The line up for the blog hop is as follows you should have arrived here from Carol's Blog and will go next to visit Joy.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
You have until September 13th at 11:59 pm EST to post a comment and be to eligible to win one of the two $15.00 gift cards from Joy Clair Designs, valid for stamps and Digital Sets. Only one comment per person please.  Two randomly selected winners will be announced on Joy Clair Designs Blog on September 16th.  

Thank you for stopping by, head on over to the comments page to leave your comment and good luck with the blog hop 




9 comments:

Joy Wilson said...

I love your spotlight coloring. These designs are fabulous!
Hugs, Joy

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon your cards are gorgeous. I do love sunflowers and I grew some this year. Eight dogs that is a lot. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Becca Yahrling said...

I love your selective coloring of the sunflowers.
Very pretty cards!

Jean said...

So very pretty!

Gloria said...

Really pretty card!

kReN said...

I love sunflowers! Anything with a sunflower quickly becomes a favorite! Thanks for sharing! kReN@afourthlife

Bobbey said...

What a very pretty use of the spotlight technique. So stunning on this sunflower! My favorite set is Love Endures.

Diane said...

Very pretty and beautifully designed! Eight dogs, wow, bet that is a good story lol!

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty cards! Love the sunflower design!
Hey Pumpkin is my favorite set!