Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Remembrance

Good Morning! Remembrance Day also called Poppy day is the 11th of November - The significance of the day is, I hope, known to all. It was when World War 1 ended - The 11th hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month.

In the UK with is remembered by the wearing of a poppy. My card is using the Stained Glass Poppy from The Little Paper Tree:


I colored the Poppy with Copic markers and cut the circle out.
I matted an A7 card base with red card. I then printed the Flanders Field poem onto grey card stock. If you've not heard the poem it tells the reason for using the poppy as a symbol of remembrance.
I added this to my card base and adhered my Poppy with foam tape.
Using my Cameo I then cut the letters for remember and added these to the card. This didn't appear to stand out as much as I wanted so I covered the letters with crystal glaze.

I hope my card has made you stop and think about the significance of the date. To all the veterans including my own Kev. Thank you for your service!







No comments: