Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Thursday, November 18, 2021

It's Your Day

 Good afternoon from my craftroom which is currently inhabited by 4 puppies, a rabbit and me of course!

My card today is using some dies from a UK company. I jus love Carnations Crafts their flower dies and art work is out of this world. For this card I have to give credit to the Carnation Crafts website for inspiration.


I used The Z fold card shape for the card base and white frame and the details of the card are from Elegant Alfresco. I cut 2 of the largest rectangle layer from white cardstock and adhered these down one side with red liner tape to give me a side folding card base. The filigree was die cut from the same card.
I then added the Elegant Arbor for my flowers to trail up. I die cut a collection of the flowers and added these onto the card using a mix of glue gel and Bearly Art glue. the chair, table and tea set were glued in place to complete the scene. All the images were shaped with my ball tools to give dimension and a more realistic look.


This was a Birthday card so I cut the sentiment from coordinating card stock and stacked them for dimension. The was adhered to the top of the arbor completing the card.


When I make cards like this with lots of dimension it's too bulky and delicate for a standard envelope so I either make a box or like I did with this one wrapped it in coordinating tissue paper.

 Thank you for stopping by, Carnation Crafts have a ton of die collections for any occasion. They also provide images and coordinating background papers for free on their website.


No comments: