Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Thursday, November 3, 2016

O Holy Night

Good afternoon - time is flying by so quickly I can't believe November has arrived already.
It's the time of year when most design teams have a review and new calls. I have decided to leave a few of my teams and concentrate more on the ones I really enjoy being part of. 
This lead to an opportunity to join another team. Tanya the owner of Riley and Company also owns Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps and has given a couple of us the opportunity to work on both teams. As I love both company's stamps I jumped at the chance.

Today is my first showcase for Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps. I got to chose the images I wanted to work with. I love Christmas and the real reason for the season, whilst I love using cute images at this time of year I love the more traditional styles so when I saw the Mary and Baby Jesus stamp I had to have it


I teamed the stamp with the O Holy Night sentiment stamp. The image was colored with my Copic markers but this time I have also used my Polychromo pencils which has added so much more depth. I love the effect and will be using them more!

Once colored I die cut the stamped images and inked around the edge before removing from the die. This is where I had a happy accident, I didn't realize there was green ink on my mat and I ended up picking it up with the blue I was using however it gave a warmer glow to my image and emphasized the green in the image more. 
I matted my card base with some green card and some blue design paper. Ivy die cuts balanced the image. I die-cut a white flower and colored it to match in with the Christmas roses in the image.

Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps have a diverse range of stamps - some for every occasion. whether you need cutesy or more realistic images they carry them. The also have a great range of sentiments and I will be posting more of them over the coming weeks 

Thank you for stopping by and reading my first post for Prickley Pear. You can find more inspiration on their blog and their Facebook page.

 photo Crafty Hugs_zpsmrp6bnmu.gif

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful hun, I adore the image, hugs xxx

Unknown said...

Very nice. I really like this stamp! Good luck on the team.

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous Christmas card that is a beautiful image. Take care. Hugs Jackie