Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Thursday, July 2, 2020

CAS Boutique Cards

Good Morning! I'm having a lazy day today, the heat is just too much to get busy!

My post today is all about Clean and Simple Boutique Cards - the third course in my Altenew Educator Certification Program. I have made 3 cards that are all CAS:

My first card was from lesson one simple styling, I've covered this by doing a single rose in the center of my card and a very simple sentiment:


I used Altenew's Painted Rose stamp set, stamping the layers of the rose with Rose Quartz, Puffy Heart and Purple Wine inks from the Rose Petal Mini Cube Set. I stamped the leaves with Frayed Leaf and then loosely drew the outline of them with a Faber Castell Pitt pen. Lastly I used a sentiment from Altenew Heartfelt Sentiments and stamped it with jet black ink.

 For my next card I used lesson 2 - Stamped backgrounds:


For this card I used one of the stamps from Wild Fern Stamp Set and stamped it multiple times on my card in  Just Green Ink. I then mixed some watercolor marker ink with water and, using a paint brush, made splatters cover the card front.
The sentiment, again from the Wild fern Stamp Set, was stamped in versamark ink and I heat embossed this with white embossing powder onto a strip of black card. This was then adhered on to my card.

My last card was my favorite technique and one I wasn't aware of. I added foiling:


This is a great technique if you don't have alternate ways of foiling. I do have a foil press but can't use that with my stamps! 
I used Altenew's Dahlia Blossoms, picked one of the layers of both the smaller and large flower and stamped this in Buttercream Ink. Then came the magic. I used my antistatic bag across my card and stamped the outline of the flowers with Stayzon ink. I heat embossed this with clear embossing powder. I had to repeat this step 3 times to get a thick enough outline for the foil to stick to. Following the embossing I laid Minc foil over the images and sent it through a laminator which had been heating up for a while. Once my card had cooled I removed the foil sheet and was left with a gorgeous rose pink foiled outline on my dahlias.
I went on to stamp the leaves from the Dahlia stamp set and some more from Altenew's beautiful Day stamp set
As I loved the foiling so much I had to do more! I chose a sentiment die from my stash. I die cut this in both black and white. I covered the white version in Stayzon ink and dipped it into my embossing ink. Again I repeated this 2 more times then covered it with foil and ran it through my laminator and it worked! I adhered this to the black diecut, slightly offsetting it so I had a black shadow to my foiled sentiment. This was then glued to my card.

This was my favorite lesson from the whole Clean and Simple Boutique Card course and I will be using frequently!!

Thanks for checking out my post - I hope it gave you some inspiration and if you like what you see please leave me some love in the comment section

3 comments:

Fikreta said...

beautiful cards!

Erum Tasneem said...

These cards look beautiful!! I love the look!
Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery. Well done!

Liz Navickas said...

Wonderful job, the cards are beautiful.