Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Christmas in July

Good Morning! It's a bit cooler this week than it had been thank goodness!

But Hey it's Tuesday! New challenge starts over at Digi Choosday today! As always it is anything goes but the design team are sharing their Christmas makes with an unusual shaped card, Here's Winnie about to step over the prickly holly on my wreath card:

What I Did:
I started by resizing and printing 2 copies of the wreath and one of Winnie on to stamping card. I then fussy cut one of the wreaths, cut the blue and white flowers out of the other and shaped the petals on these. I colored Winnie with alcohol markers and fussy cut her too.
Using my Cameo I cut 2 rings from cover stock card. I scored about half an inch from the top of one and glued this section to the other making a card base that had a hole in the middle. So that this would stand I cut the bottom half inch off the back one.
The center of the front of the card base was covered with acetate and I added the wreath over this covering all of the ring. The white and blue flowers from the second wreath were then layered on their matching flowers on my card.
Winnie was then adhered to the center of the card on the acetate. I finally added glitter to her hat and collar as well as the flowers on the wreath.


What I Used:
Stamping Card: X-Press It
Alcohol Markers: Copic
White Coverstock Card: Neenah Solar White Cover Stock 110lb
Actate: From my stash
Glitter: From my stash
Glue - ZipDry and Quicky Glue pen

The Digi Choosday Challenge runs for 2 weeks, it is always anything goes so there is no reason not to enter and you never know you may just win!

Looking for more inspiration? Then check out my teamies designs over on the Facebook page, you can also post your own Polkadoodles' designs on the Craft Stamp and Colour with Polkadoodles Facebook group

Thanks for stopping by, now go join the challenge!



7 comments:

Claire said...

What a fabulous design it is beautiful
Claire
Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Jane Savage said...

Sharon this is gorgeous! Love how you've used the wreath! xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon this is gorgeous. It is just so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Joy Wilson said...

Wow! I just love this wreath card! Your coloring is beautiful as well! Have a great week!
Hugs, Joy

Fikreta said...

Very beautiful card!

Claire said...

Fabulous, love the tradition colours with the modern shape works so well

Claire
Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Deezy's Handmade Cards said...

Beautiful colored!