Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Ink Blending Fun

Good Morning! We survived last night's fireworks, Penny is the only pup who bothers and then she barks like she would if someone knocked on the door!

Today's post is showcasing my work for my next Altenew Educator Certification Course. The lesson's this time were Ink Blending Techniques and the tutor was Amy Lee - She did some wonderful work!

My first card demonstrates basic blending techniques:


I started with a 4.25x5.5in piece of Solar White Neenah 80lb cardstock and using my blending tool and Altenew's Ocean Waves ink I blended out from the center, fading the ink as I went by using less ink and pressure on the tool.
using Wings Of Hope stamp set I centered the sentiment and stamped it with Jet Black ink. The flowers and leaves are part of the same stamp set and I just inked these around the sentiment to balance the card. I used Lavender Fields, Deep Iris and Frayed Leaf inks for this. I felt the flower needed something more so I added some white dots to center with a Posca paint pen.
Finally I adhered my design onto a card base that was the same dimensions.

My next card uses an embossing resist technique:


I started with a 4.25 x 5.5in piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper. After I had used my anti-static powder across all of the card I stamped the Moroccan Mosaic background stamp with Versamark Watermark ink. adding Wow clear gloss embossing powder I heated it to activate the powder. I then blended Worn Lipstick Oxide ink over all of the card getting a smooth blend. I darkened the edges with Candied Apple Oxide ink. Once dried I then 'polished' the design to brighten the stamped section. This resists the ink showing the pattern.
For my topper I stamped The Sunflower Daisy stamp flower and leaves, die cut them and arranged using glue and foam tape to give dimension. The Sentiment is from Taylored Expression Simple Strips background and I die cut this and added it with foam tape across my flowers. Finally I added some clear droplets. I trimmed my card down to 4.5.5in and added it to a 4.25 x 5.5in base made from Neenah Solar White 110lb cardstock.

My final card uses the faux watercoloring and Ink blending technique from Amy's 5th Lesson:


I loved doing this one, I haven't played much with watercoloring but this has given me the incentive to do more. I started with a piece of 4.25x5.5in Canson XL Watercolor Paper. Using the Paint a Flower Hydrangea stamp set, I followed the emboss resist technique from my last card but used white embossing powder. I then ink blended over this with Altenew Frayed Leaf, Warm Sunshine and Ocean Wave  dye ink. I tried to use a different ink color on each of the flowers and of course the green on the leaves. Then I sprayed the area with water and using a wet paint brush I added more ink just in the flowers and leaves. I left this to dry then again using ink like water color I added Carved Pumpkin, Wilted Violet and Mowed Lawn Distress ink to just the flowers and leaves. Once this dried the added ink colors made the flowers and leave pop from the paper:


Finally I stamped a sentiment from the same stamp set and used a Spellbinder Frame die to decorate the edge of the cardstock. This was then adhered to a 4.25x5.5in card base.

I am learning so many new techniques doing the Altenew Educator Certificate Course, and yes they can be applied to all my card making not just Altenew!

Thank you for stopping by and I hope if you like what you see you will let me know in the comments section.






1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

The cards are really pretty! I love that they all are so different from each other. Beautifully done!
Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.