Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Monday, June 1, 2015

Gone fishing

Good morning and welcome to the first of many posts from me today.
 
There is some exciting news happening in blog land today. Firstly it's new stamp release day over at So Suzy Stamps! Yep check out her website for some gorgeousness!!! And there is even more if you order today you get free shipping - INTERNATIONAL INCLUDED!!! Yes my friends from across the pond you can have free shipping too!!!!
I'm not finished yet - The new challenge starts today too the theme this month is celebration. All you have to do to enter is make a card with her delicious stamps and added it either via the linky on the blog or on the Facebook group page!
 
On to my make for the release:
 
 
This adorable little fisherman is sitting in his boat hoping to catch the fish! The sun is shining and looks so happy! Both of these are from the new release - aren't they gorgeous!
I have colored the stamps with my Spectrum Noir Markers and used the SVG (that you can get free) to cut the boy out.
On white piece of card I used die cut cloud shapes to ink around to make the sky. I then used a scalloped edge die - keeping the negative part of the die cut - to make the waves with card from my stock. I then used a curved edge die for the grass on the river bank!
 
 
The easel was made using a square card blank with the front folded in half again to which I attached the fishing scene. The little fish is a freebie clipart which I shrank and fussy cut for my stopper. The sentiment is a stamp that I have had forever!!!
 
There are other adorable stamps in the same theme under the new release tab on the So Suzy Stamp website some of which will also be shown by my colleagues on the new release blog post!
 
Thanks for stopping by and before you leave hit the June tab on the top right of the So Suzy blog and enter our challenge. If you don't have a blog - don't worry you can enter over at our Facebook group
 
For more inspiration why not check So Suzy out on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest
New this month So Suzy has also ventured out to Flickr so check that out too!!
 
 
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE THIS LITTLE GUY!!!!!!!!!!! I love the little fishy at the bottom too!!!

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful summer scene you have created, such a cute image too!
Hugs
Linda xxx

cm said...

Your little fisherman, with this puppy companion, is absolutely adorable, especially in this sweet scene you've created for him! That smiling sun is incredibly sweet; your little fish the perfect special touch! Marvelous!
~c