Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Cards purse

Good morning - I have seen some gorgeous little purses all over Facebook recently so investigated how to make them. I am about to share with you how to make them -  I can't take credit for this as I found the original tutorial on You Tube done by  Crafty Hallett. I have broken the video down in to pictures of the steps I followed that I hope are easy for you to follow too.
 
To start with let me show you what I am talking about
 
 
This little purse hold 6 cards and envelopes and is made totally from cardstock - and here's how:
 
To start with you need the following pieces of card
 
 
I made a booboo when photographing there should be 3 12x1/2 inch strips.
The paper is from Echo Park Homegrown range and the card is Core'dinations.
 
You start by making the base, score a half inch around all sides of the 2.5x5.25 piece like so:
 
 
Then cut into one side of each of the corner squares and add tape:
 
 
These are then folded and stuck on the outside to form a box, it's important you stick on the outer edge as you don't want to see them inside the finished purse
 
 
Put this to one side and then tape all (3) of the 12x1/2 inch strips
 
 
With the patterned side facing you stick one of the strips to the top of main body of the purse (patterned paper 3.5x12 inch strip)
 
 
Turn this over and apply tape along the bottom and the right edge
 
 
The starting at the middle of one of the longer sides of your base box stick the main body around the base - ensuring you keep the bottom edge of the main body level with the bottom of the base.
 
It is important that you don't crease or fold the main body as you wrap it around the base
 
 
Continue until you have completely wrapped the base then stick the side edges together
 
 
Your purse should now look like this.
The next step is to cover the bottom edge with another of the 12x1/2 inch strips. This will hide any parts where you may have not covered the base
 
Again make sure you don't crease or fold the strip as this will take away the shape of the purse
 
You have now almost finished - It just needs straps adding.
 
 
I have chosen to add these with brads but you could glue the straps inside and add pearls /gems to look as faux fasteners.
The straps are made from the 6 x 3/8 inch strips. First of all curl then slightly (as you would curling ribbon)  to make them easier to work with.
 
If using brads pierce your bag twice on each side using your judgment of where to put the straps. Then pierce the straps about 1/4 of an inch from each end. Push the brad through the bag and then the strap fixing at the back. repeat this for all 4 strap ends.
 
 
This is where the 3rd 12x1/2 inch strap comes in carefully stick this around the top of the inside of the bag covering the ends of the straps and brad tails
 
 
That's your bag finished!!!
 
Onto the cards
I have used So Suzy Stamps Peony stamp and the Beautiful sentiment
 
 
 In order for these to fit in your bag they must be 4x4inches. Here's what I used to make them
 
 
I started with a 4x8 piece of white card and folded this in half. I matted the card and patterned paper (that I had used to make the purse) onto the card. I then stamped the Beautiful sentiment onto the bottom right corner of a piece of white card. Two of the peonies where stamped onto white card using Evergreen Bough Distress ink which matched perfectly with the green card. I then fussy cut these out. After fixing the white card onto my base I then arranged the peonies onto this. I glued the fist one flat and then used foam tape on the second one to add dimension. A crystal gem in the center of each flower just added a finishing touch.
I then made envelopes in a tonal match paper
 
 
 
These can be made using any paper:
 
 
 Here's one I've done using Kraft card and the Dandelion and Dandelion fluff set with the some see a wish sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by and before you leave hit the June tab on the top right of the So Suzy Stamp blog and enter our challenge. If you don't have a blog - don't worry you can enter over at our Facebook group
 
For more inspiration why not check So Suzy out on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest
New this month So Suzy has also ventured out to Flickr so check that out too!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

9 comments:

Monica taylor said...

I am loving this Sharon. Will have to give it a try!

Fikreta said...

very pretty

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous step by step and loving these purses.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Diane said...

What a fabulous idea and lovely tutorial, your purse is fabulous.

Hugs Diane

Jackie T said...

Wow they are stunning. Thank you for the tutorial. Hugs Jackie

Brawny x said...

Wow I'm definitely going to have a go at this. Absolutely beautiful both lots. X

Unknown said...

Fabulous Sharon, and a fabulous gift idea, super tutorial too, thank you for sharing, hugs xxx

jane stillman said...

These are fabulous - great idea, thanks for the step by step in pictures

Anonymous said...

These are so beautiful, thank you for the step by step.

Hugs Erin xx