Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Monday, June 1, 2015

Christmas every month of the year

Hello and welcome to the third post from me today!
 
Exciting new is abound today - I have joined another  challenge design team and this is my first post for them!!!
 
The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up
 
The idea behind this design team is that you can stop panicking in December about all the Christmas cards you have to make - join our challenge and make your Christmas cards over the course of the year whilst also having the chance of winning some great images from our sponsors.
 
For each challenge you enter a Christmas card and we also have a monthly theme. This month the theme is Vintage
 
The sponsor for this theme is Luna Girl
 
 
The prize she is offering is a $15.00 gift card to one randomly chosen link up that has followed the challenge theme.
 
We also have a second sponsor Decosse's Dynamite Doodles
 
 
Prize being offered: One free digital paper to everyone who links up a minimum of two cards to the challenge.  Cards can be anything goes for this prize, you only have to follow the theme if you want a chance the main prize.  The mini set of six digital papers called A Grungy Christmas, will also be offered up as a prize to one random winner.
If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize.
 
On to my make for the challenge:
 
 
I have used an image from the Luna Girl's Dreaming of a Pink Christmas collage sheet and the Grungy Christmas paper's from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles. First I inked the edges of my card blank with distress ink and then used the papers as mats. The lace was again inked with the distress ink to "vintage" it and placed across the card. I the distressed the edges of a further piece of grungy Christmas paper as well as the image. These were placed on an angle on the card. The card candi was colored with the same ink and place on opposing corners.
 
So come and enter our challenge - It's easy just check out the details here
 
 
 


2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous Christmas card. I am going to start making mine soon. Hugs Jackie

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Sharon your cards are stunning! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn Challenge for our GD call out. Claire - Unicorn DT x