Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Christmas Peace

Hello! Fall has finally arrived and I am loving the cooler temperatures, makes being outside so much more enjoyable!

My post today is inspiration for a Christmas card using Maker Forte products.


I have used elements of Modern Christmas Watercolor Stamp SetFirst I wanted to achieve a fir branch across my card. Using the branch stamp I stamped it in the top corner of my stamping card with British Racing Green Ink.


To avoid it crossing the previous stamped image I masked the branch end of the stamp with masking paper and repeatedly stamped the branch across the card.


To add some depth to the image I repeated these steps with Lady Liberty Ink.

I used one of the sentiments from the stamp settle gorgeous font is a very fine lettering I love the way it works with the images in this set. As it's a fine detail font it needs to stand out against the dark green. Eclipse Black Ink works well for this.


The card needed more detail so using a red alcohol marker and a white gel pen I drew berries among the branches.

While doing this my hand smudge the green ink. I have happy accidents like this all the time, usually a cleverly placed embellishment covers this. This wouldn't have worked on this card, I pressed my ink pad onto a mat and added lots of water. Then, using a paint brush I splattered ink all over my stamping card. Yes the smudges are still there but they now look like part of the design!

I had planned on matting my card with British Racing Green Cardstock but when I tried this it just didn't pop behind the design. Red is too bright so Eclipse Black Cardstock was used. This is a very dark black so makes the sentiment stand out against the splattered background.


Black is not something you usually see on a Christmas card but I feel it works well with this. Finally I matted the design on to a Side Folding A2 Card Base.


Thank you for taking time to read my post and I hope it gives you motivation to start your holiday cards.

No comments: