Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Die Cutting Inlaying

 Good morning! It's finally cooler here, we had storms all day yesterday and has been in the 70s.

I'm back today with some inspiration using Maker Forte products. I am using the Flower Trio Die and a die inlaying technique today.


The card began life as a plain white cardstock. After running the die through my die cut machine I carefully made sure all the waste bits stayed in place in the die. Lifting off the actual image I then placed press and seal over the remaining parts. When I carefully lifted this all the white waste was attached to it.


Bubble Tea Ink and Flamingo Ink make great colors to blend together. Using brushes I started with the darker Flamingo and worked out to edges coloring all the waste pieces.


Some of the pieces lifted while doing this but as long as I didn't lose any I'm not concerned.

Moving onto the actual die cut I masked off the flowers. 


To give my card a frame I inked the remaining edge with Flamingo Ink.


The masking paper keeps the underneath ink free so on removing my flowers are still bright white.


Turning this over I applied foam tape to the edge and smaller pieces to the backs of the flowers. I then adhered this to a 8.5x4in card base. 


The card base isn't a standard size but it gives the die cut a look of matting. Next I inlaid all the 'waste' pieces back into the die countersinking them. This works because the foam tape raises the die cut. I did use Makers Magic Crystal Clearfor this, the fine tip is great for getting into the tiny spaces.


The Rainbow Picker & Poker makes lifting the tiny pieces and placing them easier than using my fat fingers!

The inlaying took quite a while but the effect is worth it.


My card needs a sentiment. I love the A Sentiment For Every Occasion stamp set for cards like this. Making my sentiment coordinate with the colors on the card was easy. I swiped Flamingo Ink across a piece of 1in card strip.


Once this was dry I stamped 'Hope this is the best day ever' using Remarkable Eclipse Black Ink. I the quickly covered this with Crystal Clear Embossing Powder and melted it to give a glossy finish.


I adhered this to my card with foam tape. Subtle embellishments are a great finish to a card. Using Maker's Magic White Pearl instead of gems give a touch without taking away from the card design. These are dotted in an uneven number around my sentiment.


Thank you for taking time to read my post and I hope it gives you inspiration!











No comments: