Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Rainbow Flowers

Good morning, We finally have cooler weather and I am loving it! No need for air con, all doors open letting the cool air in!

My post today is showcasing 2 cards designed and created with Maker Forte products. Both of them are using the Flower Market White Rubber Stamp. It is a great background stamp which is how I have used it but got 2 different effects even though I have only inked it once! I love rainbows so both have this theme.

My card starts by inking up the stamp. To do this I laid it flat on my desk. Picking out rainbow colors from the Color Hive Inks - Red LeicesterCalifornia LoveEvergladesVegas Strip and Sugar Plum. I also added in Candied Apple Distress Oxide for my red. Not wanting to contaminate my inks with other colors I used blending brushes to add the inks to the stamp giving me stripes of color.


I laid a piece of white cardstock onto the stamp and using a brayer pressed it against the colors. when lifted I had a simple inked piece of card.


On lifting the cardstock there was still plenty of ink on the stamp. So I gave it a light spritzing with water and laid a 2 piece of card over it. Braying this gave me an even color.

This pieces left to dry and I returned to my first piece. Due to the rainbow of ink I decided to do no more than add a sentiment. The toner Ephemera is great a great alternative to stamping. and you can turned them any color you want with foil! I chose the Birthday Elements both the wording and the backing so I could decide which to use once foiled. My background is rainbow - so is the foil

I decided to go with the wording as it stood out better against my background.

By now my other background had dried. I did consider using the reversed foiling piece on this but decided to stamp on it instead. Using the Boxed Sentiments I arranged the box and 'With Thanks' on my background. Wanting to achieve a shiny effect I stamped with Eclipse Black Ink and then quickly covered it with Crystal Clear Embossing Powder. Using my heat gun I melted this, The Eclipse ink stays wet for a few seconds after stamping allowing the embossing powder to stick.

I chose A2 Side Folding Card Bases and Coronation Purple Cardstock to mount my background on to for both cards. Once I had built my cards I added the foiled sentiment. Foam tape gives this lift to make it stand out from the card background.

I felt something was missing from both designs. As a finale I sprinkled some Crown Jewel Gems in RollerskatesLemon and Lady Liberty.

Here's the background with water added.

And the one that was just ink.



Which is your favorite?

Thank you for taking time to read my post and hope you have some inspiration.

No comments: