Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Foxy Dreams

 Good morning! We still are having hot days - I'm so ready for fall and the cooler temps.

My post today is showing you how I designed this cute card using Maker Forte products.


The stamps are from Dream World stamp Set. I began by ink blending on a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock using Tiptree JamVegas StripCoronation Purple and Eclipse Black inks. Yes you can't see the Vegas Strip but I used it to to blend the pink and purple to get a smooth blend.


I want to heat emboss on to this and I don't want the embossing powder sticking the whole piece. Leaving it to dry helps with this.

Next I stamped the cute fox from the stamp set using Eclipse Black Ink. This is a great ink for alcohol markers and also gives a nice black impression. My Smoosher is a great tool for stamping to help get an even image.


Using alcohol markers to color him I then fussy cut him ready for my card.


My background has dried so time to move back to it. My fox is going to be in a circle of vellum and I don't want stamping under it. I place the Circle Die on my background so I could place the moon and stars where I needed them. Using Clear Embossing Ink to stamp them. Meteor Embossing Powder is a white powder but with sparkles so works great on my night sky.


Next I needed my circle, using Nested Circle Dies I cut a circle from Premium Translucent Vellum. To give this more interest I used an embossing pen around the edge and heat embossed with Meteor Shower powder.


This vellum is sturdy enough that you can heat emboss on it. Maker's Magic is great to adhere my little fox to the middle of the circle. I also added a drop onto his nose to give it shine.


Having the fox centered gives me an area to add foam tape to so it isn't seen through the vellum. 

I adhered my background to a Top Folding A2 Card Base and finally my little fox, sitting on his vellum, was adhered in place with the foam tape.


Thank you for taking time to read my post, I hope you enjoyed it and it gives you inspiration for your next design!

No comments: