Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Fall Country Girl

Good morning! The weather is great at the moment, nice and sunny but at a great temperature! I am loving it - yes it gets cooler at night but who doesn't like that!

Fall is THE best season and my card today is fall themed - Sunflowers and western boots my favorites and I would love some boots like these.


Aren't they adorable? There are a few boot designs to choose from in the For My Cowboy Stamp Set from Maker Forte. I began with stamping one the floral boot onto stamping card using Eclipse Black Ink


Covering the first boot with masking paper I stamped 2 more boots on the paper and fussy cut these. 


Masking is how to achieve layered images. By covering the first boot and stamping the second one nearby I can make it look like the 2nd boot is behind the first.


Placing a mask over the 2nd boot I moved on to my background. The Layered Sunflower Stencil is perfect so the first layer I stamped in English Mustard Ink which is a great yellow.


The next layer is the shading on the petals using Red Leicester InkGrand Canyon Ink colors the flower center then the seed layer uses Ground Espresso Distress Ink.


Removing the masks leaves me with clean white stamping of the boots all ready to color.


You can see here how masking gives the impression of stacked images with the sunflower behind them.

Copic markers work great for the main color of the boots and fine liners for the floral design. These allow me to get into the smaller parts of the design.


My card needs a sentiment and 'Country Girl' is part of the stamp set. It fits well with the design in Eclipse Ink.


I love clean and simple cards however the white of this looked a little stark against the bright colors. using Grand Canyon again I ink blended the edges of the card.


To finish the design I chose a brown cardstock for my mat and a Side Folding A2 Card Base with wet glue so keeping the layers flat.


The colors just pop against the darker brown mat.


I hope you love the fall look of this card as much as I do and thank you for stopping by.









 

No comments: