Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Thank and Gather Tags

 Good morning - well we've had snow this week! yep never mind fall we've jumped straight to winter.

I've started planning thanksgiving makes and my post today is my first design. I am using Maker Forte products for these tags including Thanks and Gather Stamp Set.


These Kraft Shipping Tags would make great place setting labels with the person's name attached to the ribbons.
The first step is to add the design to the tag. Using On Tap Stencil Set, Taping the first layer to the tag I inked through with English Mustard and Grand Canyon Inks. This gives me the color of 2 different beers. 


Replacing the stencil with the 2nd layer I inked Icy Mist and Picket Fence Distress Ink through which gives me a head on my beer and a stem on the glasses.


Leaving this to dry I repeated the steps on a 2nd tag and left this to dry. They have to be dry because I am heat embossing in the next step and I don't want the embossing powder to stick to my beers!

Placing the tag in my MISTI I lined up the Gather stamp on the left of it and the ampersand plus 'basted' in place. Eclipse Black Ink is perfect for heat embossing as it stays wet for a few seconds after stamping.


Crystal Clear Embossing Powder gives me the shiny lettering which helps make it stand out from the beers.

I repeated this step on the 2nd tag but using Give Thanks. I love the different fonts, it gives the possibility of lots of different looks. There is also a ton of combinations with the different words too.


The tags looked a little plain so using the English Mustard I ink blended around the edges giving them a more distressed look.


These are more of a masculine look so the edging helps to keep this theme.


Finally some yellow and brown ribbon was threaded and stapled through the holes.


Thank you for taking time to read my post. I hope these simple designs give you some inspiration for you holiday makes.



No comments: