Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Rainbows and Stars

 Hello! Well after the snow of last week the temperatures have risen again and we have been back in 75F weather!

I'm back today with a card using Maker Forte supplies. In the main the Star Gazer White Rubber Stamp Set.


The design in this stamp is tiny but the fact it is rubber makes it is show perfectly.
My card begins by using the circle from the Spotlight Circle Stencil to mask off part of my cardstock.


The Stargazer background stamp is put in place over this also I am using my MISTI because I want to stamp the image a couple of times. This makes sure I get a solid color on my cardstock. Sugar Plum Ink covers all of the stamp and I used my Smoosher to make sure I got even pressure. 


It doesn't matter that the ink hasn't stamped right up to the edge of the mask. It's just going to make my 'moon' look bigger. Being careful not to get ink onto the masked section, I lift the circle up and have a perfected clean circle area. 
It's not going to stay that way for long though. Fossilized Amber and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide Inks are blend across the circle to give me a yellow moon.


Trimming my design makes it ready for my card base.

The sentiment that come as part of the stamp set are perfect for using with the background stamp. Using black cardstock I prepped with an Anti-Static Pad. Applying Clear Embossing Glue Ink Pad to the wording helps white powder to stick to them, heating it gives crisp white sentiments.


I couldn't at this point decide which sentiment to use however once fussy cut the top one looks a little lost on my card but the rainbows and stars looked perfect.


Foam Squares adhere the sentiment in place to give some dimension to my card front.
I love using A2 Top Folding Card Bases and this design is no different. Gluing the design straight on the base without a mat (which would take away from the star pattern) finishes my card.


I decided moon looks a little bland so Shooting Star Crown Jewels in sets of 3 take the bareness away.


Thank you for taking time to read my post, I hope you love my design and it gives you inspiration.





No comments: