Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Altenew Educators Certification Program - Easy Die Cutting Techniques

 Good evening! it's the December the 1st - how did that happen! this year appears to have dragged at times but has flown by at other times!

I'm back with another of my Altenew Educators Certification classes and this time it's all about easy die cutting techniques lead by Yana Smakula.

The first technique I have chosen to showcase is using stamps and matching dies - and I decided to follow Yana and use vellum for my image:


I started by prepping my vellum for embossing and stamped the Fresh Freesia flower in versamark ink. I then heat embossed with white embossing powder.
Once set I turned the vellum over and using Mango Smoothie and Frayed Leaf inks blended ink over the flower and foliage respectively.
I then turned back over laid the coordinating die over and ran it through my die cutter.
I used 2 of the sentiments, positioned to look like one sentiment, on my white card stock, again prepped this for heat embossing, stamped them with versamark ink and embossed them with gold embossing powder.
I trimmed my card stock so it was slightly narrower than my cream A2 card base and adhered this in place. using glue finely dotted behind the lines of the stamped image I placed my flower onto the card and finished the design with a few gold toned sequins.

My next card used the negative die cutting technique, I chose to used Wings of Hope dies as this comes with a few leaf type dies.


I started by ink blending the edges of a piece of 4x5.25in cardstock with Forest Glades Ink. I then laid my dies in place, temporary sticking them with washi tape so they didn't move as I ran them through my die cutter.
Once cut I discarded the die cut pieces just keeping what would normally be the 'waste'. This was glued onto a piece of dark green mirror cardstock which was the same size. I then added this to a black A2 card base. 
Using the same green mirror cardstock I die to the Happy Die and fixed this in place with foam squares. I stamped Birthday from an Altenew set I purchased with a magazine and added this across the downward strokes of my Happy.
Finally I added a few adhesive green gems randomly around my card.

I am loving this course and could not recommend it enough, it is teaching me techniques that I would probably never have used whilst also showing me different ways to use my stash.

Thanks for stopping my and if you love what you see please let me know in the comments








1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

Beautiful cards, Sharon. Please do share more project photos moving forward so we can see the details properly :)
Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.