Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Monday, November 30, 2020

Altenew Educator Certification Program - Seasonal Scene Building

 Good morning! It's back to school teacher for me today after the holidays, we had a great family weekend!

My post today is showcasing the next class in me Altenew Educator's Program, Seasonal Scene Building taught by Nichol Magouirk. It is a great class with lots of content.

My first card uses the Modern Fox stamp set:


Nichol makes Spring cards, here in Michigan spring can be still very cold so my scene is a frosty one. I started with using Forest Glades ink to create my ground. I then used distress ink and a cloud stencil to lightly create sky.

I then stamped my tree in Evergreen and Dark Chocolate inks. I used the naked tree to add 2 further ones in the distance.

My fox was stamped with Paper Bag and Jet Black ink, I think he's spotted his dinner off the card! I then stamped the sentiment in Dark Chocolate to coordinate with the images.

I used foam tape to add my image to a grey card base. Finally I added some white gel pen to the tree to make it look frosty.

My next card uses a stamp set which builds a scene with all its components - Be a Lighthouse:


I started my card by die cutting an oval from a piece of dark grey card. I then placed this over a piece of white card the same size and with a pencil drew inside the oval onto the white card. This gave me a template, I used the penciled oval to center my images.

I used distress ink to give me sky and water before I stamped the scene.

I started with the waves stamp, I initially used Ocean Wave ink, but thought this was too bright so toned it down with Dusk ink. My lighthouse and land were stamped in Jet Black, Grapevine and Evergreen Ink. The stamps layer really well. I then masked off my light house and added the clouds in Nimbus and Cloudy Sky ink. I added these in a random areas stamping outside of the penciled oval too. Finally I added some birds in black ink.

I then glued the card with oval die cut onto my image making sure the center my scene. Foam Tape was added to this an adhered to a grey card base. I stamped one of the sentiments in Versafine ink and heat embossed this with clear powder. This was trimmed to size and added level with the horizon.

My style is usually clean and simple, I rarely do full scenes so this class took me out of my comfort zone and hopefully will encourage me to do more with my stamps 

Thanks for stopping by and if you love what you see please let me know in the comments





2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon your cards are gorgeous. I am pleased that you had a good holiday. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Erum Tasneem said...

I like both your cards especially the colour palettes for them. I also love the way you inked the panel (ground) on your first card..very lovely.
Thank you for submitting your gorgeous work to the AECP assignment gallery.