Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Altenew Educators Certification Program - Celebration Stencil Techniques

 Good afternoon, It's chilly but fair here today, since the virus struck weekends have mainly been family time at home and today is no different. 

I have completed another class on my AECP and today I'm sharing some of the work I have done for it. The class this time was about stenciling with Laurel Beard - if you have watched any of Laurel's you tube videos you will know she does amazing work with stencils.

My first card used a die as a stencil. I used pail colors to I could keep with the CAS looking cards I love to make:


I die cut the Shutter Cover Die with cover weight cardstock, I taped this in place over my white cardstock and stenciled through it with Soft Lilac Dye ink. I matted an A2 card base
 with black card and added my stenciled panel. I then stamped 2 lavender buds with Lavender Fields and Forest Glade ink. I die cut these with the coordinating die placed them on my card leaving room to add the sentiment with accompanies the flower which was stamped in Jet Black Ink.

My second card was a new technique for me using texture paste. This is a medium that I hadn't used before. I bought the mat opaque white kind so I can color it to coordinated with my needs!


I started by smooshing some Ocean Wave ink onto my glass mat, I then added a small amount of the paste and mixed them together which gave me a gorgeous muted turquoise color.
I fixed the Halftone Stencil to my white cardstock. Using a pallet knife I spread the paste across the stencil in a thin layer - I was just like icing a cake! I carefully removed the stencil and left to dry.
Meanwhile I stamped the Faithful Feather stamp using Jet Black, Misty Morning, cloudy sky and Nimbus inks (which are available as the Tranquility Ink set) for all the feather layers. I die cut this with the coordinating die. 
I then chose a sentiment from Label Love stamp set and stamped this with jet black ink onto white card then cut around the edges.
Once dry I trimmed my stenciled cardstock down and added it to a grey A2 card base. I arranged my image and sentiment and adhered these with foam dots.

I am really enjoying the techniques I am learning doing this course and also loving sharing them wth others!








2 comments:

Karen Brown said...

Two beautiful cards! Such pretty backgrounds. :-)

Erum Tasneem said...

Clean, simple, and classy! Your cards look great!
Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.