Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Cute Kisses

 Good afternoon and Happy Veteran's Day. I have my own veteran - Kev served in the Royal Navy way before we met.

I have decided that I am going to take part in The 30 Day Coloring challenge except this time it's only 11 days! This involves doing some coloring every day for 11 days and as i love coloring what a better way to spend some time each day!

My day 1 coloring is using a stamp that I've had a while but not used: House Mouse Birdie Kiss:


How cute are these two!

What I Did:

 I colored the image with Copic markers, we have a little flock of sparrows that come for the sunflower seeds in the bird feeder so I decided the bird needed to be a sparrow. Once I'd colored the image I inked the edges with distress ink - which I suppose is another form of coloring.
The card base was matted with coordinating blue card and digital design paper which is also from a house mouse collection.
The frame is from a Gina Marie Die, I cut the image with the same die to get the scalloped edges and then did a second cut with blue card. I adhered the image flat on my card and used foam tape for the frame giving it dimension.
Finally I added some decoupaged flowers, these fit well with the flowers on the backing paper as well as the little ones I colored.

What I Used:

Stamp: Stampendous - House Mouse Birdie Kiss
Stamping Card: X-Press It
Alcohol Markers: Copic
Digital Design Paper: Joanna Sheen House Mouse
White Card for Base: Neenah Solar White 110lb
Blue card: Tonic Studio
Frame Die: Gina Marie - Scalloped rectangle Frame
Flower die and images: Carnation Crafts - Night Scented Stock
Glue: ZipDry
Foam Pads: From my stash

I don't spend enough time crafting just because but I'm hoping this challenge will encourage me to.

 I am also entering this card into The House Mouse & Friends Monday challenge - The theme is anything goes with the option of a punch or die - I used 2 dies so I think I'm good!


 

7 comments:

April said...

Your card is beautiful! I love your coloring. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Mia said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Lorraine A said...

Super cute card Sharon :-) I love this image, so very sweet, and your colouring is fabulous! Love the papers and decoupaged flowers, the whole design is absolutely stunning!!

Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Bunny said...

This is a sweet image and beautifully colored. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

Sue said...

Beautifully colored card, Sharon. Love the colors you chose and the card design too. We are so happy to have you joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Thanks for sharing your card with us.

Hugs
Sue

KarinsArtScrap said...

Sharon it's a very beautiful card
Thank you for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
Goodluck and hope we see you again.

Gr Karin DT Member