Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, December 25, 2020

Bringing in the New Year With Mice

 Good afternoon and Happy Christmas, the presents are unwrapped, dinner eaten and life is good!

My card today is looking forward to 2021 - It's got to be a better year than this one and House Mouse thinks so too:


I've made this card for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge, Their optional theme this time is Sparkle/Shine.
I used the Tiny Jumper stamp from Stampendous. I wanted a few mice so I stamped him a few times and colored them with Copic markers. I then stamped on to Post -It Tape and cut masks to cover my little guys.
Using a retired Starburst background stamp from Chloe's Creative Cards after masking my guys I stamped with versamark and then heat embossed with a gold tinsel embossing powder to give a firework effect to my background.
I removed the masks and left my little guys jumping for joy in the fireworks!
I matted a white card base with black card and added my image. Finally I die cut 2021 from the black card and added it to my card.

The photo doesn't do the sparkle justice - Oh and I couldn't throw my little masks away, they just looked like the mice had been jumping in glitter so added them to my photo.

Thank you for stopping by!







5 comments:

Sue said...

What a fun, happy card. Made me smile! Love the background you created and the little mice too. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon this is such a cute card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

April said...

What a fun card! Yes, 2021 has to be much better! I love the background with the cute mice. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

Bunny said...

I hope they're right about 2021. It just has to be better. I'm going to share in their enthusiasm. It's a cute card and your masks are cute too. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

Lorraine A said...

I love this card Sharon!! the happy little meeces are adorable and I love the fireworks background, so very pretty and sparkly

Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Hope you had a fabulous Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
Luv
Lols x x x