Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Saturday, December 5, 2020

Candy Cane Tails And Christmas Wishes

 Good Morning! Christmas is fast approaching - are you ready??? we are just about, still some deliveries to come in and food to buy oh and of course the Christmas tree to put up but that will be done tomorrow!

Christmas cards are something I love making and today's post shows another one using Joanna Sheens House Mouse Xmas Project Book, this is no longer available but is a great resource;


Just look at those 2 cuties with their entwined candy cane tails. They were sat in a wreath in the image but I wanted to bring the image alive so I die cut a bunch of pine branches and built a 3D wreath around them. I carefully cut their tails out of the image so I could continue the wreath under them and adhered them back in place on foam squares to give dimension. Red pearls made great berries.
For my card I matted an 8x8in card base with red card, I added some die cut holly tuck ins to break up the red. The project book has papers to match each image so I printed and trimmed some down. I them added glitter to the design before matting with green card and adding to my base. My image was also matted with green card and added to the card. Finally I die cut Love from red and green card and added this to the corner of the card.

What I Used:
Image and Backing Paper: Joanna Sheen's Christmas House Mouse Project Book
Pine Branch Die Cut: Tattered Lace
Card Base: Craft UK Ltd
Red and Green Card: Core'Dinations Premium
Holly Die: Tattered Lace
Glitter and Red Pearls: From my Stash
Love Die: Tonic Studios 

I will be entering tis card in to the House Mouse and friend Monday Challenge the theme is always anything goes but has an optional theme of Christmas this time around.

Thank you for stopping by I love sharing my work so if you like what you see please let me know in the comments 







2 comments:

April said...

How cute is this! I love the wreath you created and your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

Bunny said...

I've never seen this image. What a cute card. Thanks for joining us at HMFMC. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends