Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Altenew Educators Certification Program - Irresistible Inking Techniques

 Good afternoon! or as Mollie tells me Happy Christmas Eve Eve! Shopping is done, cards have been given out, just presents to wrap and we are ready!

I'm back today with the last class for level one of the Altenew Educators Certification Program and today I am showcasing the cards I made using techniques from Sara Naumann's Irresistible Inking Techniques. My first card uses 2 techniques from her classes, Direct inking and using an acrylic block to 'stamp' with:


I started with the Beautiful Day stamp set and stamped the outline for the flower and 2 leaf outlines. Then instead of using all the layers of the images I just used the final layer and giving a touch of color to the images. As I don't yet own the dies I then fussy cut these and put to one side.
Using a bar acrylic block I inked it with the same ink I used on my flower, spritzed it with water and 'stamped' the ink on watercolor card. My first attempted had too much color so I repeated with less ink and water which gave me the speckled look on my card. I loved this so have used it! I added a piece of washi tape along the left hand edge to define the inking. 
I decided how I was going to arrange my flowers before adding my sentiment from the same stamp set.
My leaves had foam tape added and were adhered to my card. I added a double height of foam tape to the flower and arranged this over the leaves. 
The image was added to a white top folding card base with foam tape. Finally I scattered an odd number of sequins on my card.

My second card used Altenew inks as watercolors to paint my card:


I stamped the Paint a Flower Spider Mum onto watercolor card using embossing ink. I covered this with a rose gold embossing powder and heat embossed giving me a raised edge to the image.
I dabbed ink onto my glass mat and spritzed water along side it. I then used this to paint my image, layering the color as it dried to get deeper colors.
The using a large brush I painted around the image with a ink wash, once this was dried I used the same ink as the flowers and splattered my card.
I left this to dry while I die cut my sentiment. I die cut 3 sentiments in pink cardstock. Then I added the ink used for the flowers directly to white cardstock giving me an opaque covering. Once dried I die cut the sentiment again using the inked card, giving me a perfect match to my image. These sentiments were stacked on top of each other and adhered to my image. This gives more dimension to the card.
My top folding card base had gold washi tape added to either side of it before I added my image with foam tape.


Shopping List:
Crafter's Companion Sentiment Dies
American Crafts Washi Tape
Sequins, Glue and Foam Tape from my Stash
Neenah Solar White Card Stock
Cason XL Watercolor card


2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Erum Tasneem said...

Your cards are beautiful! Thank you for submitting your gorgeous work to the AECP assignment gallery.