Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Monday, March 16, 2020

Spring and Birthdays

Good morning! Spring is almost upon us, the bulbs in the garden are starting to sprout and I'm hoping we are done with the snow, you can never tell in Michigan!

Challenge 10 starts today over at Jan Mahew Digital Stamp Challenge and this is the last one I will be joining as a guest design team member. I have enjoyed working with the images but I ave some exciting new coming up so watch this space!

As the lovely Jan provided me with a few sets this month I have made 2 cards for this challenge.
The first one is using Early Spring Nest, a gorgeous floral set:


What I Did:
 As always the images come colored or as line art, for this card I resized the line and added one of the sentiments that are included. It was then printed on stamping card. I colored the image with alcohol markers. I matted a 7x5in white card base with purple card to coordinate with the colors in my image and then added my colored design. As the nest was quite detailed I didn't want to add too much to the card so a few enamel dots just helped to pull the purple from the mat and the image.

My next card is using the super cute Birthday Buddies:


What I Did:
This stamp set also come with pre-colored and Line art images so I decided to use a pre-colored one. I resized the buddies and added the birthday cake to my composition. The sentiment was also in the set and I positioned this so it fir within the design. I then printed this onto stamping card using high quality so I didn't lose any for the colored definition. I did color around the image with warm grey alcohol markers to ground it.
I matted a 7x5in card base with blue card and added my design. A few sparkly glitter dots finished the card - who doesn't love glitter on their birthday!

What I Used:
Spring card
Digital Stamp: Jan Mahew Early Spring Nest
Stamping Card: X-press It
Copic Markers
White Card Base: Core'Dinations Premium Cardstock
Purple Card: Create and Craft
Enamel Dots: Gina Marie Designs

Birthday Card
Digital Stamp: Jan Mahew Birthday Buddies.
Stamping Card: X-press It
Copic Markers
White Card Base: Core'Dinations Premium cardstock
Blue Card: Create and Craft
Glitter Dots: Gina Marie Designs

This Challenge runs for 2 weeks starting today, it is always anything goes so if you make any crafts come and join us!

Next Month Jan is moving to Monthly challenges starting the first Monday of the month, there will be 2 prizes up for grabs - both will be randomly chosen but one of them will only be for those that Use Jan's images and guess what if you enter and win the current challenge you win gift card to Jan's
store so could have the images to use!

6 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon your cards are gorgeous. I love them both. Stay safe and well. Hugs Jackie

Sheryl said...

Sharon both of these cards are beautiful - impossible to choose a favourite.
So sorry you are leaving the team.
Crafty Hugs Sheryl xx

Karen Page said...

Beautiful coloring, Sharon! I'm sorry to see you leave from Jan's DT but it sounds like you have something exciting to replace it! I wish you the best of luck!!!

Anne Temple said...

Both of these are gorgeous and your coloring looks amazing!

Fikreta said...

wonderful cards!

Jan Mahew said...

Sharon, Stunning creations! Your coloring is exquisite on both! I have truly enjoyed seeing your talented execution and uses of my digi stamps. I hope you enjoyed your time with us as much as we had. Happy Crafting!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)