Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Monday, March 2, 2020

Thank You Blocks!

Good Morning and welcome March! We have had sunshine over the weekend with some almost spring like weather - lets hope it continues!

Challenge 9 starts over at Jan's Digital Stamps Challenge today and my inspiration is using one of her new collections, Block Sentiments. This is a great set with a number of sentiments all available in pre-colored bright or pastel and line art. My card is using the pastel pre-colored thank you:


What I Did:
I resized and printed 2 copies of the image, fussy cut one of them and cut alternate letters from the other one. I then cut a panel from the front of an 8x8in card base. I discarded this just keeping the top part (still attached to the card) and 2in from the bottom, making sure my Thank You image would fit between these. I matted both of these with blue card and coordinating design paper. I then applied glue to the top and bottom of my image, First adhering it to the bottom section of the card front and then adding it to the remaining top section of the card.
I realized at this point that the image wasn't sturdy enough to hold up so I added some of the cut away cardstock to the back of the Thank You to strengthen it. I added the letters I had cut individually on top of the ones on the image with foam pads to add further dimension.
To finish the card I added the same blue card to the inside so it gave contrast where it showed through either side of the image.

What I Used:
Jan Mahew Image: Block Sentiments Thank You
White printing card: Core'Dinations
White Card Base: Craft UK
Blue cardstock: Core'Dinations
Design Paper: Trim Crafts

The challenge runs for 2 weeks starting today, It is always Anything goes so if you make any crafts come and join us!

Thanks for stopping by.



5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning thank you card. I love the design. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Sharon, loving your fancy fold on this card! Great job matching the colors in the paper with the colors in the letters.

Anne Temple said...

Wonderful card! Love the colors you've chosen too.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I just love this card layout with the letters holding the 2 parts of the card front together. The dimension with the popped up letters is great! Fun and creative design!

Fikreta said...

Its so beautiful!