Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Marigolds and Echinacea

Good afternoon, weather is miserable today, we've had rain snow and then a mix of both it's wet, cold and dull!

So I thought I'd brighten things up with some cheery flowers. I have used Susan's Garden dies again to make Marigolds and Echinacea flowers:


What I Did:
I Started with an 8x8in card base and matted this with a coral colored card. I then cut a second layer in a very pale peach cardstock and die cut a pattern into the top left of this using a plate die. This was adhered to my card base an put to one side while I made the flowers.
I Die cut the Marigold flowers from yellow cardstock and colored them with alcohol markers to give the deep red that the real flowers have. I die cut the stem and leaves from green cardstock and shaded these with a darker green ink to give a realistic affect. Both were shaped using flower building tools. I then Die cut the Echinacea flower from white cardstock, cutting an extra of the smaller flower head. I colored 2 of the petal shapes with an peach alcohol marker so it complemented my card base and the marigolds. The 3rd petal shape was part colored with the same color but then green added to the center of it. All of these were then shaped with my flower building tools
I started my flower arrangement by gluing the stems in place before building up the flowers. The marigold petals were layered to give a full flower and center tiny petals filled them completely. The Echinacea were layered and the center filled with tiny brown flower shapes to form a cone  just like the real flower (Echinacea are often better known as Cone Flowers). I added some fake pollen to this to give it the fluffy texture that they have. The bud was made by bringing all the petals together and gently rolling the middle. This was then added to the bud stem.
I added leaves to both types of flowers and set aside to dry.


The sentiment was die cut using the same card I matted my card with, I added Stick It die adhesive to this before running through my die cutter so I could adhere it without any glue visible.
I finished the card with some Nuvo drops and a bow which both coordinated perfectly with the colors I had used.


What I Used:
Susan's Garden Notes: Elizabeth Crafts Marigold Dies
Susan's Garden Notes: Elizabeth Crafts Flower Shaping Tool Kit
Susan's Garden Club: Tonic Echinacea Dies
Susan's Garden Club: Tonic Stems and Ladybug Dies
Susan's Garden Club: Tonic Pollen
Top Flight: White Cardstock (for flowers)
Core'Dinations Green and Yellow Cardstock
Copic Markers
Tim Holtz: Distress Ink
Crafts UK: White 8x8in Card Base
Coral Cardstock: Unknown
Pale Peach Cardstock: Unknown
Crafter's Companion: Grand Swirls Plate Die
Crafter's Companion: Expressions Inner Page Die Beautiful
American Crafts: Ribbon: 
Tonic: Nuvo Drops Bubblegum Blush

Thank you for stopping by, and if you like what you see please let me know by leaving some love in the comments










3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card. It is just so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Fikreta said...

Super pretty card!

Gwyneth said...

Your flowers look great. A fab card.
GG