Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The luck of the Irish

Next month brings St Patrick's day - The patron saint of Ireland, I've never made a card for this holiday but when The Scrapoholic Candy Store released their latest digi stamps I just couldn't resist Lucky Penguin.
OK I hear you - what has a penguin got to do with St Patrick??? Nothing but you have to admit that he is so adorable!


I just had to color him up and this challenged me as I don't usually use green in my designs but I couldn't avoid it with this little fella


I colored him with Spectrum Noir Markers adding white highlights to give him some depth.

I chose to do a large card for this one and matted an 8x8" base card with Green card. I then chose some shamrock digital papers and again matted these and my image with the same green card. Placing them in a symmetrical design on my base. The added shamrocks are sticker I bought in my local papercraft store which just balanced the image.

Oh and the little fella "adjusted" his sentiment after all he is so much cuter than a duck would have been!

You will find more inspiration over at The Scrapoholic Facebook Page where all of my teamies hang out!



5 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my what a cute St Patrick's day card! The penguin is just the cutest.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Brawny x said...

How fab. Great card x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card I love the oh so sweet penguin. Hugs Jackie

Fikreta said...

cute!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<
Fiki ❤

Tracy Welham said...

Absolutely adorable! Creative Blessings, Tracy x