Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Monday, February 29, 2016

Little Scientist

Last week was the birthday of someone who has become a close friend over the last 3 months. We met originally at school as she is James's chemistry teacher but she moved onto our subdivision in December and we have been great friends since.

So for her birthday I I thought The Sweet Stamp Shop's Element set was very appropriate



I die cut a circle from a scalloped card blank and then used 2 Tonic circle nesting dies to make a frame to fit over this. I then lined the inside of the front of the card with blue card and stamped all the tiny word stamps randomly inside the circle.
I then colored some of the other elements and the little female scientist using my Spectrum Noir Markers - this was the perfect opportunity to use the fluorescent pens in my set as they have never been used!
After fussy cutting them all out I used foam squares to place these around the circle. I stamped the birthday sentiment directly onto the card and inked the edges with distress ink to balance the colors of the card and remove the plain white




3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning card. Hugs Jackie

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card x

Linda Simpson said...

What a fabulous card and loving the image. I am sure your friend loved it.
Hugs
Linda xxx