Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Goodbye Christmas

Well I've just been shoveling a ton of snow so feels a bit Christmasy here! 

I have some sad news today - It's finally time for me to move on from The 12 Month's of Christmas design team this month will be my last post with them. I have enjoyed my time on the team and it has certainly encouraged me to keep on top of my Christmas crafting!

So without further ado here's the details about this months Challenge:

Our Sponsor this month is A Day for Daisies 


They will be giving away a $12 gift certificate to a random winner who has followed the optional theme.
There is also a 2nd prize offered to everyone even if you don't follow the theme you could have the chance of winning a set of Holiday Decoration digital papers from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles.

http://decossesdynamitedoodles.blogspot.ca/

Ok I hear you ask what is this months theme?
Holiday Decorations - I don't know about you, but one of the things that I love about Christmas time is the decorations that I see up all over the place.  Whether in people's homes, or out and about in the community, there are such a wide variety of beautiful holiday decorations to choose from.  Strings of lights, wreaths on doors, stockings on mantles (or in the case of my house, hanging from the piano!), window paintings, tree ornaments, angels on trees--the list goes on and on!  This month, let's bring some of those holiday decorations to your cards!

On to my showcase, I couldn't resist using Sparkle Angels for my card:


These tiny angels look like they are decorating the tree with star shaped baubles. I have colored the image with Faber Castell Polychromo pencils and matted it onto pearlescent blue card. I used the same card for my base and to die cut the bauble.
I matted my card blank with 2 colors of digital design papers from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles. Adding a stamp from Crafter's Companion to hang my bauble from

Simple card but I didn't feel it needed any further embellishment.

OK you can find our Challenge on the 12 Month's of Christmas Link up blog, it runs for a month and all you have to do is link up a Christmas card - think of it like your 1 more card to completing your Christmas makes for this year!  

No comments: