Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Gabbie Frangipani Mermaid

Good afternoon - Wow time is flying!!! I don't know where all my days go - Easter is almost upon us - where did the beginning of this year go????

I'm here today to showcase one of March's new release from Fairy Ink



Such a sweet image! She was a delight to color. 

I love flowers so I first did a google search to find out about the Frangipani flowers that circle her head. Of course it is also known as the Hawaiian Lei flower and is native to warm tropical areas. It is a delicate white color with bright yellow centers and edged with rose pink and is highly fragrant at night making it an ideal flower for bouquets and the Leis that Hawaiian's can often be seen wearing!

OK so now I had the colors out came my Spectrum Noir Markers:


I used a stippling technique on her tail to try and get the textured look of scales which I think has worked. I then used a clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen to add shine this was difficult to capture in the photo so I have a close up here:


Doesn't the pen just make her tail pop?

Once colored I matted Gabbie onto Kraft card. I chose some design paper with a water effect and matted this with Kraft card before adhering to a white card base.
I added an ocean creature die cut which was colored using the same color as the rock Gabbie is laid across.
I chose the sentiment from a Crafter's Companion collection - I thought it was very apt for an image of a mermaid!

You can find Gabbie along with all the other March new releases here in the Faery Ink store, if you are looking for more inspiration then my teamies are showcasing their designs over on the Faery Ink Facebook page so call by and see us!

Thanks for stopping by 
 I would love to know your thoughts on my card in the comments below :)









1 comment:

Gail said...

This is so pretty. I'm cruising my Facebook page, something I don't do often enough, and ran across your post. I love how you have her sitting on the rock with the water and great idea to use another image for that and put this beautiful mermaid on the rock! Your colors are so pretty and her tail is gorgeous with the sparkle! Hugs, Gail