Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, March 11, 2016

Lose Your Heart to the Ocean

Good afternoon! We are still in the throws of Spring and long may it last!!!!

I'm here today with a new release from Faery Ink and what a stunner she is! 
Meet Demera Sea Siren:


Each month with Faery Ink I try and push myself out of my comfort zone. So as I have never tried any other skin color than white I thought I would use Demera to push my boundaries and as she is a sea siren what better way than giving her a skin tone that would reflect this:


So I colored her green and used shades of green and aqua through out my coloring the only other color being the flash of orange of the starfish on her arm. Of course I have used my Spectrum Noir Markers to color her!

I decided to make this a very simple card and chose the quote from the internet, typed it so it fit around Demera and printed it directly onto the image topper. 
I made a white card base, used some design paper which coordinated with my coloring. then matted my image onto dark blue card as a contrast.
I added my favorite embellishments of 3 enamel dots to the bottom right of the card just to balance the design 

If you love her as much as I do you can grab her in the newest digi section of the Faery Ink shop. There is also more inspiration with her over on the Faery Ink Facebook page.












2 comments:

Fikreta said...

very pretty
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<
Fiki

Linda Simpson said...

Morning Sharon, this is fabulous, I love this image and gorgeous colours you have used too. Wonderful sentiment.
Hugs
Linda xxx