Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Dreamtime Craft Supplies DT Call

Good Morning - Well the snow and the arctic temperatures has returned this week so I've spent most of my days inside keeping warm.

This has given me plenty of time to play in my craft room and time to make a card to enter the design team call over at Dreamtime Craft Supplies. They are a paper craft supplies company who sell a full range of goodies for people like me who want to indulge in a crafty passion. 

I was inspired to enter their team call because they appear to want a team with a friendly approach which I believe is one of my qualities, I enjoy browsing other people's blogs to see how they have made things and leave them some love - this is often how I get my inspiration for my own makes. I like to use a variety of products and always promote where these are from on my blog posts. As well as my blog, I am an active member of a number of social media sites and love posting my makes on there sharing info of the companies I am designing for. If I am doing design team work I always try and make a focal point of the image or product I am using so it is shown to it's best advantage. Because of this, I like my cards to be clean and simple in design unless the product or challenge calls for a different style.

Dreamtime Craft Supplies have some fabulous Magnolia stamps so I browsed through mine and chose to use Edwin and the butterfly. 



Isn't he a cutie - I stamped him onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth cardstock and used my Spectrum Noir Markers to color him adding darker highlights to his hair with a Spectrum Aqua Marker.

Once colored, I die cut him with a Spellbinder die, using the edge die to cut a further 2 panels in contrasting papers.
I used a white card blank and layered the die cut pieces onto a design paper from Lili of the Valley, (which have unfortunately been discontinued) along with some yellow gingham paper from my stash. 


I used some yellow checked ribbon as a border across the lower part of the card and stamped a Dreamy sentiment again from Lili of the Valley onto some of the matching paper. This was then framed with more of the gingham paper before being adhered to the center of the ribbon. A die cut Precious Butterfly from Memory Box was then added to tie in with the stamped image.

Thank you for stopping by - I would appreciate if you could leave me a comment before you leave.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Crafty Girls Creations - Anything Goes 
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes 
Crafts Galore Encore - Use a Stamp or Digi
One Crazy Stamper - Anything Goes 
Scrapy Land - Use a die Scrapy Land Sells







9 comments:

Fikreta said...

Your card is very beautiful !
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful color combination on your adorable card! I love that image of the boy with the butterfly, so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Tracy Welham said...

Fantastic, love the colours. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Anne Temple said...

This is so sweet. Love how you've colored the image and great paper choices. So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

Cheri Burry said...

I love the purple and yellow colours on your card! Your colouring is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us over at One Crazy Stamper!

Lisa - Dreamtime Craft Supplies said...

Hi Sharon,
This is such an adorable design. Edwin looks like he is relaxed enjoying life in his gorgeous coloured outfit :) Love the colours & the butterfly was a lovely touch. Thank you so much for sharing & for entering our Design Team call.

I have sent you an email in regards to your Dreamtime Craft Supplies Design Team entry. Thanks so much :)

Lisa - Dreamtime Craft Supplies
Dreamtime Craft Supplies
Dreamtime Craft Supplies Blog

Karen Day said...

Beautifully coloured, Sharon! And your pretty background papers are just lovely - thanks for joining our February challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

Jan said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at CHNPP xx Jan dt

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colour combination and super cute Edwin. Great layout too. Thanks for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore February Challenge and Good Luck! xx