Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, February 5, 2016

Faery Ink is going steam punk!

Good afternoon! Well we are having a very mild winter this year, most of the snow has dissipated and we've even had rain! The Great Lakes aren't as frozen as they usually are - OK I bet now I've opened my mouth I bet things change!

I'm showcasing a new release from Faery Ink today, The more I color these images the more I fall in love with them. This month Amanda has released some fab steam-punk images - this is something I usually shy away from and thank goodness my chosen image this month wasn't too much within the theme!

Meet Clockwork Cupids


Isn't the image adorable? - just look at the tiny cupid sat on the top of the heart in his flying cap!
I pondered over it for a few days wondering how I could avoid coloring the heart in red as it was such a big part of the image. I first tried the no lines technique but quickly decided that just didn't suit this image. In the end I just started coloring and let my imagination take it.


I used my Spectrum Noir markers and chose to go with delicate pale tones, using browns so I could incorporate Kraft card into my design. I was still stuck with what to do with the heart and as you can see the traditional red would just not have been the right way to go. After discussing it with a great friend we decided leaving it white worked. but to add interested I used one of the new Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens in clear.


You can just see the shine here - these pens are fab, the shimmer is much more obvious than other similar pens I have used but without being over the top like loose glitter can sometimes be.

Once I'd colored the image I die cut 2 different sizes of clock from Kraft card - using a brad and some pale turquoise card for the hands on the smaller clock. I then used some design papers from Lili of the Valley and Kraft card to mat the 8X8in scalloped card blank.
A few small enamel dots just completed the design.

The image can be found in the Newest Digis section over at the Faery Ink Store
and if you want further inspiration my teamies on the Faery Ink Design Team will be posting throughout February over on the Faery Ink Facebook Group


No comments: