Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Monday, February 8, 2016

Birthday Box

Good Morning - We have had thaw over the weekend and can see green grass which is unusual for this time of year in Michigan. There is more snow forecast though so not getting too optimistic!

Friday was James's Girlfriend - Liz's birthday and he had bought her lots of little pill cases which he filled with soppy little love notes. He asked me to make him a box to put them all in and also wanted a card making so I decided to combine them in one!

I made a set of drawers box and added an easel on top.


I made 4 matchbox style boxes and glued these together on a base and lid of matching card. Pearl brads were used as handles for the drawer. I then made and easel card the same dimensions as the box and adhered this to the top. I used Love Never Melts Poppy Stamps set  colored with Spectrum Noir Markers and matted this onto matching card and design papers from my stash. I decorated the bottom part of the Easel with the same card and paper.

Using a Memory Box die, James had made these little shopping bags to put the pill cases in inside the boxes:


I took one and matted it to match with the card design, added a stamped heart and sentiment it was then used it as a stopper for the easel as you can see here:


Once completed the drawers were filled and I am told she loved it!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges
Crafts Galore Encore  - Use a digi or stamp
Crafty Time Challenges - Buttons bows and Brads 
Just Keep On Creating - Anything Goes 
Kreativeinkauf - Snowman 
Live and Love Crafts - Love is in the Air
One Crazy Stamper - Anything Goes 
Paper Creator - Must be Love
The Crafty Addicts - Anything Goes /Cute and Cuddly










12 comments:

Amy A said...

This is ADORABLE Sharon! Love the design and your coloring is fab! I'm sure Liz will love and treasure this!xx

Brawny x said...

This is absolutely fabulous x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is gorgeous I love those cute snowmen. Hugs Jackie

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous project, beautiful colours.

Sylv xx

Doris Klein said...

Lovely box... it's a really great idea and the colours are fantastic.

Thanks for playing along with our Crafty Time Challenge for February and good luck!

Hugs
Doris *DT*

DT Crafty Time
DT Die Sketchtanten
Kleido’s BastelStüble

Dreja said...

Wow, phantastisch! Danke für die Teilnahme bei der KE-C.
LG Dreja

Donna Rudy said...

What a beautiful gift! Love the cute snowmen and the sentiment is perfect! Thank you for joining our challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

Lau W said...

Such an adorable box !
Thanks for joining us at the Paper Creator Challenge ! xx

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely project with us at The Crafty Addicts - good luck
Lyn - DT

Unknown said...

What a cute little project! The sentiment combined with the stamp made me smile. Thanks for joining LLC for our "love is in the air" challenge.

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

suzARTe said...

Such a cute image and the perfect sentiment to go with the image, love this. Thanks so much for sharing your project at Anything goes February link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx

Unknown said...

Such a cute stamp and sentiment. Love the neat box, ideal for chocolates or trinkets. Thanks for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore February challenge and good luck! xx