Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, October 16, 2015

Snowflakes

Good afternoon, well it's coming to the end of a fab week and we are forecast our first frost tonight brrr!
 
I am sharing a cute little Christmas card with you today
 
 
This was so easy to make and looks so effective. I started with a 6x8in piece of snow white centura pearl card. I scored this at 4inches and folded in half. I then cut 3.5 inches from the front.
The die is a snowflake edge'ables by Crafter's Companion. I opened up what was left of my card and laid the die along the score line and cut and embossed it. Once eased out of the die it gives the effect as in the photo.
 
I then cut some snow flecked acetate and cut to 6x4 inches gluing this inside the top edge of the front of the card. I then cut a strip of the centura card and glued this to the bottom edge of the acetate.
I used the fabulous stamps Snowflake Trio and Winter Butterflies from So Suzy Stamps  and stamped them onto the acetate using stayzon ink.
 
 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this!!!!!! I need to try this out!

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card x

Unknown said...

Sharon this is gorgeous, so elegant hun, hugs xxx

Jan said...

I adore this card xx Jan

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning card. Hugs Jackie