Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Monday, October 26, 2015

Mollie's Enchanted Wishes

Good afternoon! We have had a wonderful weekend spent travelling up to the Upper Peninsula and going on scenic drives to see all the gorgeous fall colors. There were some stunning views including the Mackinac bridge which is the 5th longest suspension bridge in the World!!!
 
The fall colors are a reminder that winter is just around the corner and soon we'll have all the lovely snow back!!
Talking of snow leads me onto my latest card design. As everyone who know me is aware Mollie is a Frozen fanatic and so are lots of her friends. She has become a pen friend with a gorgeous little girl who she went to nursery with back in England so I decided I would make her a card to send instead of a letter.
 
What better stamps to use than Craftin Desert Diva's Enchanted Wishes collection.
 
 
These adorable little characters were a delight to color with my Spectrum Noir Markers. I also added crystal glitter to Elsa's dress although it doesn't show too well on the camera image.
 
I did color up the whole cast:
 
 
but then decided there were too many for the card so the guys will be used on another make - aren't they all just adorable!!!
 
Once colored I fussy cut them out and shaped them so that they wouldn't be flat on the card. I chose a snowflake patterned paper, some mirror card which has an iridescent finish and some blue card to mat onto my card blank.  
I used the same mirror card to die cut the snowflakes and fixed blue sparkly gems in the center of each of these.
I used Collal glue gel to adhere my characters to the card this helps maintain the shaping of them - especially as this card is going to be in the hands of international postal services!
Once everything was placed on the card I positioned the sentiment stamp which is from the same stamp set.
 
Thanks for stopping by xx
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Such a beautiful card, love Frozen too as do my own granddaughters. Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Anonymous said...

A lovely card and cute images.

Hugs Erin xx

Jackie T said...

Hi your card is gorgeous the little characters are so cute. Hugs Jackie

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card x

Unknown said...

Such a cute card Sharon, love it, hugs xxx

Fikreta said...

wonderful card
have a nice day