Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Monday, October 4, 2021

Stockings for Christmas? No Shoes!!

 Good Morning! How is it Monday again???

A couple of weeks ago I was honored to take part in a workshop taught by Lana Taber as part of her final challenge for the AECP program.

She provided an amazing kit for us to work with and we made 3 different Christmas cards. When I say different I not only been they were 3 different designs but they were unusual too! Who has ever made or received a holiday card made with a stiletto shoe stamp?

The first card is a wreath card:



Can you make out the shoes? 

We started by stamping and masking the shoes multiple times to give the wreath. These were then colored with artist markers. The original card was just the shoes but Lana decided we would add greenery to it and it really was effective. I stamped the sentiment in embossing ink and them heated embossed with gold powder. We added the card front onto a white card base, gold gems were adhered to give the look of Christmas baubles. Finally I added a red ribbon bow to the top of the wreath

The next card was a Christmas tree again built with shoes


We started by finding the center on the card and then started stamping and masking the shoes, working down to form the tree shape.

Once the shoes were colored the greenery of the tree was added making sure to fill in all the gaps between the shoes. I decided to put a bow at the top of my tree. I formed the bow in the center of a piece of red ribbon leaving long tails. These were then spiraled down the tree fixing in multiple places with hot glue. 

I heat embossed my sentiment again this time using red and gold powder.

I added the card front to my card base and scattered gold gems around to look like more tree decorations.

My last card was a simple one but is just as effective as a Christmas card:


We started by stamping, coloring and masking the shoes. Then using a stencil and gold pigment ink scattered stars across the card, because the shoes were masked this gave the impression the stars end behind them.

I added my sentiment under my shoes to balance the design and of course a scattering of the gold gems just finished the look!

Lana did an amazing job in first designing these cards and then teaching 5 of us how to make them.

She passed the challenge and is now an educator - a huge congratulations to her!!!!


Altenew Products I Used

Crisp Dye Ink - Jet Black
Crisp Dye Ink - Jet Black
Purchase From:
SSS | ALW
Embossing Ink
Embossing Ink
Purchase From:
ALW
Red Sunset Artist Markers
Red Sunset Artist Markers
Purchase From:
ALW
Bold Heels
Bold Heels
Purchase From:
ALW
Halftone Holidays
Halftone Holidays
Purchase From:
ALW
Starry Night
Starry Night
Purchase From:
ALW
Milky Way Stencil
Milky Way Stencil
Purchase From:
ALW
Antique Gold Embossing Powder
Antique Gold Embossing Powder
Purchase From:
ALW