Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Thursday, October 21, 2021

Altenew Educators Certification Program - Level 3- Quick and Simple Cards for Everyday Crafting

 Good afternoon! I am excited to tell you that I passed my AECP level 2! I now have 5 more classes to do for level 3 then a workshop which I am so nervous about doing!

The first of these classes is Quick and Simple Cards for everyday Crafting by Laurie Willison. This involves using techniques that are quick to do but give a professional look to your card.

For my first card I followed Laurie's technique for stamping multiple sentiment strips at once


To make multiple sentiment strips like the ones I used on this card you use a MISTI stamping tool and the L ruler from the MISTI creative corners. by positioning this inside the MISTI bottom right corner you can line up one of the sentiment strip stamps every 1/2in the ruler makes sure they are straight and have the same distance between each on making it easy to cut into 1/4in strips. I made multiples of these, some on white cardstock and some on black embossed with weight embossing powder.


My card was made up by stamping the Coral Sunset stamp onto white card and fussy cutting it. 
I matted an A2 card base with some patterned paper and added my image with foam squares.
My sentiments were laid across the image and adhered at the ends with foam tape so the laid flat across the flowers. Finally I added some clear enamel dots.



I always like to demonstrate that I have learned the techniques from the lessons in the class and although I only need to make one card I enjoy sharing more.

My next card was using a technique from lesson 6 - scoring the card to give detail.


I started with a piece of 4x5.25in white card. Using my score board I score a line down one side and 1/4in and again at 1/2in. I repeated this across the top of the piece of card stock. When turned over this gives an embossed detail to the card. 
I then stamped my leaves on to this card and the flowers were stamped on a second piece of card and die cut so they could be added to the leaf detail. my sentiment was stamped in the same ink used for the darker section of my flowers. I cut a piece of white foam just smaller than the card with my image on used this to give dimension between my card and image piece. Finally I added a scatter of purple sequins.


My last card is from the masked and stamped 2 tone card lesson. I used orange and black for my 2 colors:


I placed 1in wide masking tape across my card then stamped multiples of the geometric flower giving my a circle but when I removed the tape I had a blank strip to stamp my sentiment in.
I used the top part of the flower stamp in each corner to help draw the eye into the center of the card.
I matted an A2 card base with coordinating orange cardstock and added my stamped piece using white foam for dimension. A few orange sequins were added to give more detail.


Thank you for stopping by. If you have been inspired by my cards please tag me on Instagram as I would love to see your creations 

Altenew Products I Used

Crisp Dye Ink - Jet Black
Crisp Dye Ink - Jet Black
Purchase From:
SSS | ALW
Crisp Dye Ink - Forest Glades
Crisp Dye Ink - Forest Glades
Purchase From:
SSS | ALW
Crisp Dye Ink - Frayed Leaf
Crisp Dye Ink - Frayed Leaf
Purchase From:
ALW
Embossing Ink
Embossing Ink
Purchase From:
ALW
Enchanted garden mini Cubes
Enchanted garden mini Cubes
Purchase From:
ALW
Sweet Rose Stamp and Die set
Sweet Rose Stamp and Die set
Purchase From:
ALW
Sentiment Strips
Sentiment Strips
Purchase From:
ALW
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Coverstock
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Coverstock
Purchase From:
ALW
Sentiment Strips 2
Sentiment Strips 2
Purchase From:
ALW
MISTI Original
MISTI Original
Purchase From:
ALW
Pure White Crisp Embossing Powder
Pure White Crisp Embossing Powder
Purchase From:
ALW
Paint a Flower - Coral Sunset Stamp
Paint a Flower - Coral Sunset Stamp
Purchase From:
ALW
Geometric Flowers Stamp Set
Geometric Flowers Stamp Set
Purchase From:
ALW
Super Script 2
Super Script 2
Purchase From:
ALW
Snap Dragon Crisp Dye Ink
Snap Dragon Crisp Dye Ink
Purchase From:
ALW
Milky Way Stencil
Milky Way Stencil
Purchase From:
ALW
Antique Gold Embossing Powder
Antique Gold Embossing Powder
Purchase From:
ALW

1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

Gorgeous cards! I do love Laurie's class! Thank you for submitting your gorgeous cards to the AECP assignment gallery.