Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Missing School

Good Morning! We are desperate from some rain here, not had much in months, the yards are all looking brown and crispy!

Here we are again another Tuesday! So go ahead and check out the new Digi Choosday challenge! The design team this week have used Miss you as our inspiration and as it still isn't known what school is going to look like I have made a miss you teacher card using Polkadoodles' Work and Play 3 collection:


What I Did:
I decided for this card I was going to use the pre-colored images so I resized the digital design paper and added the teacher and her stack of books as overlays. I then printed this and trimmed so it would fit on my 5x7in card base. I also used a circle die to cut a notch from the top as this card has a pull out section:


The pull out was made in the same way as the top section of my card except I digitally erased the blackboard which was on the easel, making it a white board, I then added the sentiments to this, overlaid it over the digital paper and printed it. 

I matted my card base with Pink cardstock, made fold back flaps on my top set of images and glued these in place on the card. My inner section then just slid into place. I added Pull Me to the center of the inner section which fits where the notch on the topper is. Finally I matted a sentiment again from the same collection and added this with foam tape.

What I Used:
Digital images, papers and teacher sentiments: Polkadoodles - Work and Play 3 Full collection Craft Download
White cardstock for printing: X-Press It
Black cardstock for base: Core'Dinations Premium Heavy Weight
Pink cardstock: Core'Dinations Premium
Glue: ZipDry
Double sided tape: Scor-Pal
Foam tape: Dollar Store

The Digi Choosday Challenge runs for 2 weeks, it is always anything goes so there is no reason not to enter and you never know you may just win!

Looking for more inspiration? Then check out my teamies designs over on the Facebook page, you can also post your own Polkadoodles' designs on the Craft Stamp and Colour with Polkadoodles Facebook group

Thanks for stopping by, now go join the challenge!







7 comments:

Jane Savage said...

Love this, Sharon! xx

Claire said...

A fabulous design.
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon this is a stunning card. I love that image. That care. Hugs Jackie

Fikreta said...

great card!

Creative world said...

Fantastic card design .This is gorgeous teacher card ...hugs ,Zelly xx

Rose Andrew said...

Hi Sharon ...
what a lovely card with this cute image .
Hugs
Rose DT

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

So perfect - and timely!! Love the merged scene with that paper! My kids go back in 9 days - YIKES!