Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Christmas Gift

 Good morning! Despite all the problems this year is passing too quickly how are we nearly in September!! It's going to be Christmas before we know it!

It's Tuesday and that can only mean one thing in the world of crafting challenges - Digi Choosday!!! For this challenge my teamies and I are making Christmas projects that aren't just a card! So I made a card with a gift inside.

What I Did:
I resized my image sentiment and printed these and 2 patterned digital papers. My image was colored with alcohol markers then I added glitter to all the hat edges.
My card base was made using 2 pieces of cardstock. The first one was cut down to 10.5 x 7 in and scored length ways at 5in and 5.75in. The second was 8.5 x 7 in and scored along longest edge at 5in, 5.75in, 7.25in, and 8in. I then cut an aperture from the 1.50in section, the last 0.5in had red liner tape placed along it and the scored area was shaped into a box frame. The 2 pieces of cardstock were then glued together forming a deep card like so:

I then made a box that would slide in to the box frame. I used a piece of card cut to 8.5in x 3in. This was scored along all edges at 0.75in, a v-shape was cut out of the corners and edges folded up to form an open topped box which slid into the card to hold tealights.
I then decorated the card front with the digital papers, coordinating cards stock, my cute image and sentiment.
I also decorated inside which covered the joins of the cardstock.

What I used:
Stamp card: X-Press It
Alcohol Markers: Copic
White cardstock for base: Neenah Solar white Coverstock
Blue card: Tonic Studio - Craft Perfect Denim Blue
Glitter: from stash
Glue: Zipdry

The Digi Choosday Challenge runs for 2 weeks, it is always anything goes so there is no reason not to enter and you never know you may just win!

 Looking for more inspiration? Then check out my teamies designs over on the Facebook page, you can also post your own Polkadoodles' designs on the Craft Stamp and Colour with Polkadoodles Facebook group

Thanks for stopping by, now go join the challenge!

 


5 comments:

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card!

Claire said...

Gorgeous, a really clever idea
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon this is a fantastic card. I love that image and the design is brilliant. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Jane Savage said...

A beautiful gift and a card in one! xx

Creative world said...

Fantastic idea and design.I would love to get this kinde off gift.Hugs Zelly xx