Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Monday, August 3, 2020

Mandala Love

Good morning! We are still at home, enjoying the sunshine and working in the yard, our veggie garden is doing great we enjoying offerings from it.

I'm back today with more inspiration for the August Joy Clair new release. This card is using one of the designs and a sentiment from the Mandala Love collection:


I loved coloring this, so relaxing just to sit and color. The Mandala is actually a full one but I decided to cut it down for my design. I used Bristol Smooth paper and printed both the mandala and sentiment. I chose to use this paper so I could color with my Prismacolor pencils, I don't use them independently often so thought I'd give them a try. 
Once colored I matted the image with black card and added to a cream card base (this was so the Bristol Smooth didn't look dirty as it would with a white base).
I added a few iridescent gems which catch the color of the mandala at certain angles.


 They are perfect for any card makers style but  I am loving being able to make my favorite card style, Clean and Simple, with the Joy Clair images.

Thank you for stopping by. I will be back during the month with more inspiration using the new release. Also my teamies will be sharing with you over on the Joy Clair Facebook Group.

 You can check out the new release and all of Joy Clair's products over in their store.





Items I used:

ZipDry Glue
ZipDry Glue
Purchase From:
SSS | AZN
Translucent Enamel Dots
Translucent Enamel Dots
Purchase From:
GMD
Prismacolor Pencils
Prismacolor Pencils
Purchase From:
SSS | AZN
Studio Katia Iridescent crystals
Studio Katia Iridescent crystals
Purchase From:
SSS
Strathmore Bristol Smooth Paper Pad
Strathmore Bristol Smooth Paper Pad
Purchase From:
SSS | AZN
Mandala Love
Mandala Love
Purchase From:
JC

3 comments:

Claire said...

That looks so fun to colour. I love the colours you chose
Claire
Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon this is a stunning card. I love it. Sounds like you are enjoying your garden like we are. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Fikreta said...

So very beautiful!