Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, August 28, 2020

Markers Everywhere!

Good afternoon! We are still in the height of summer, heat index is really high so I've been staying in and doing lots of crafting.

Today is Kawaii new release over at Stamper's Delights and like always the images are really cute! Meet the Marker Pals:


They are super sweet and fit well with the art packs that were released a few weeks ago.

I decided to use the little boy, and he's in a bit of a mess with markers everywhere:


What I Did:
I started by resizing and printing the little guy, markers and sentiment. I used my Scan n Cut to fussy cut him and colored him and his pile of markers. I then fussy cut all the markers.
For my background I matted a grey card base with blue card. Then using watercolor paper I sprinkled different colored pigment powders over it. This was then misted with water to give the brightly colored speckled background. 
While this dried I added foam tape to the back of my little pal and the markers. I matted my sentiment with the blue cardstock and again applied foam tape to this.
Once dried I glued my background to my base. I image was added to the left of my card and the markers scattered around him. Finally I added my sentiment.

What I Used: 
Digital Images: Stamper's Delights - Marker Pals
Stamping card: X-Press It
Alcohol markers: Copic
Grey card for base: Simon Says Stamp - Fog Grey
Blue cardstock: Core'Dinations Premium
Water color paper: Canson XL
Pigment powders: Brusho
Foam Tape: Dollar Store

Head on over to the Stamper's Delights Store to see all of this week’s New Releases.

Why not stop by the Stamper's Delight Facebook page for regular news and inspiration from my Teamies you can also enter the progressive challenge there, no blog needed and receive freebies! 

 

All the design team projects are available on the Inspiration blog - hop on over there for more inspiration.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Colour Crazy Challenge - Anything Goes Coloring

Creative Knockouts - Anything Goes 

Krafty Chicks Challenge - All Occasion


Thanks for stopping by and if you like what you see please leave a comment to let me know! 





2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KathyA. said...

What a sweet card! I especially like the bright splashes of color on the background. Thanks for joining us at the Colour Crazy Challenge Blog. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com]