Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Flamingo fun!

Good afternoon! I have a few personal cards I have made over the last month that I will be blogging over the next couple of weeks, some of these will be Christmas cards.

Today's cards were Christmas cards for my neighbors and there is a story behind them. 

During the summer my best friend and neighbors took her girls on vacation and I looked after her house and fur babies.

Whilst she was away a local church was raising funds for their children's section by "flocking" peoples yards overnight. So I paid to have her yard flocked in time for her return home:


35 bright pink flamingos adorned her front yard, her house is the first one as you enter the subdivision so everyone saw! She wasn't aware I was the one involved but paid the church to tell her who had done it!!!

Well the flamingo theme has stuck with us so I just had to find some for her Christmas card:


This is a digital stamp from Sasayaki Glitter. I colored them in using alcohol markers and added Spectrum Noir clear Sparkle pen which was difficult to show in the photo.
I then matted my white card base with black card and pink snowflake digital paper. The black card was also used to mat my image and sentiment which I typed and printed using my PC. 
I little snowman charm just complemented the design. 
The neighbor in between us was also in on the "flocking" so I made a similar card for her using the same products:


Both were taken in good humor and resulted in our outdoor Christmas lights gaining a pink lit flamingo!!

Thanks for stopping by and if you like what you see please let me know in the comments!

I am entering these cards into the following challenges:

Christmas at Sweet Stamps - Anything goes Christmas.
Moo Mania & More - Frosty Winter
ABC Christmas Challenge - A is for Antlers B is for birds









9 comments:

Amy A said...

Super Sweet! Love the flamingos and the story behind them! xx

Janis Lewis said...

Cute cards! Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge.

Larelyn said...

Oh my goodness, those flamingos are delightful. Thank you for sharing on The Merry Christmas Challenge.

froebelsternchen said...

What a beautiful card - just LOVELY!Thank you for joining us at
MOO-MANIA & MORE -CHALLENGE
oxo Susi

Rosie said...

Wonderful and funny card

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Sharon said...

Sweet card and I love the fun story behind it. Thanks for joining in with us over at the ABC Christmas Challenge.

Cheryl Morgan said...

What cute little flamingos. I love your Card Sharon. X

Fikreta said...

wonderful card!
hugs

Adventures in Paperland said...

Great story and card! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Lisa xx