Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Monday, August 28, 2017

Advent tree

Good morning - back to school this week and Mollie is so excited! So am I - I get my days back to get chores done!

Today is my day to showcase a project I have made over on the Riley and Company Blog. When I started making this I didn't realize what a big project it was going to be I have handmade every part of it.
As Christmas is drawing ever nearer I decided to make my advent calendar early 


I started my designing a box using my cameo software and cutting machine and cutting them from kraft card. They started out at 2x2 inch but after working out mats and embellishments I increased then to 2.5 inches meaning the whole thing measures 20.5 inches to top of Santa's hat.
Once I had cut all the boxes I set my cutter back to work cutting the numbers. I then cut 2 mats for each box For the smaller ones I used Riley and Company nesting square dies. I added these and the numbers to the boxes before I assembled them. I formed the shape of a Christmas tree and used red liner tape to adhere all of the boxes together. I stamped and colored enough of the Riley and Company Christmas dress up accessories to decorate each box. These were then die cut using the matching Christmas dress up and Shirt dies. Riley was colored and dressed as Santa and given his place - of course at the top of the tree!


He is holding his box's number of course it has to be THE date!

As it was so tall I chose to photograph it outside rather the confines of my craft room. I know I looked a little odd to photographing Christmas decor in summer so just to give it a bit more of a Christmasy feel I placed it in our fur trees


Now to decide what to fill it with..................

Thank you for stopping by, you can find the stamps I have used over on the Riley and Company store. For more inspiration check out the Riley and Company Blog. Or for more news about what the Moose and his pals are up to head on over to the company Facebook page 









9 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon this is amazing and so organised. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Tracy Welham said...

This is fabulous! I love Christmas and something like this would be wonderful. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Brawny x said...

What a fab creation. X

Unknown said...

Love your idea! This is a great advent calendar... I think i might have to make one too :)
Hopping through K&C 15,000 celebration :)
hugs Michelle

Jan Shore said...

Sharon, came over from the C&C site saw your tree posted there. ( I am behind!) Your tree is very cute, I kmow it was a heap of work! Easier since it sounds like you have a scan n cut or something similar. Each year that one of my grandchildren becomes old enough i make a new one. I like this idea and may give something similar! Thanks for the inspiration!

Chriss America Real said...

Hi Girl,
I am following you! Please follow me back and join in on my prize giveaway!

Hugs,
Chriss
www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

Chriss America Real said...

Hi Girl,

I am visiting from Kit and Clowder.

I am a new follower, please follow me back if you like. While you're there, please enter to win the two prizes I am giving away!

Hugs,
Chriss
www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous, I love advent calendar's <3

Fikreta said...

Love it!