Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Monday, August 17, 2015

A new baby and why country girls rule!

Good morning. The weather has been hot! hot! hot! here so I've stayed indoors crafting with the cool air blowing and lots of iced water!
 
It's Monday so that can only mean another fabulous release from Paolo at My Whimsical Little World.
I am show casing not one but 2 collections of her great digi stamps today the first one being another of her gorgeous little babies
 
 
Lil' Monster - Isn't she adorable! well she can be a he or a she but I wanted a girly look! I have colored her with my Spectrum Noir Markers and die cut her into an oval. I then took some bright pink card and some muted floral paper and die cut these with a lacy border die from Memory Box. These were then layered onto a white card blank. Before adhering the top layer I wrapped some pink "It's a Girl" ribbon around the lacy edge. I then glued my topper in place and used a Signature die for the bunting.
 
I love pink and girly however, living out in farming land it isn't always possible to have the girly look. Got to be a country gal at times and don the Jeans and a Tee and get down and dirty.
 
 
Meet Amy and Hammy! Yes there is a touch of pink in there! The images are separate digi-stamps but I have used the PNG formats of them and combined Amy, Hammy and the Haystack. once printed I have colored them with Spectrum Noir Markers. I have then inked the edges with distress ink to give it more of a farmy look!
I matted my white card blank with brown card and then distressed some burlap paper and string. I used this to mat my colored image and pc generated sentiment on.
Some enamel dots just add a finishing touch!
 
Ok so I know that you are dying to make your own designs with these new gorgeous images so pop over to the Etsy shop and get started then land back on the Facebook Group for some more inspiration from my teamies!
 
Maybe you can use them to enter our challenge and win some more of Paolo's gorgeous digis.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: