Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Mother's Day Blessings

Good morning! The weather is really messing with us here. Saturday it was 77F today it's been snowing and is forecast to drop into the 20s overnight! We are currently waiting for Sassy to have her pups, she's due any day now so we can't go anywhere even if the weather was better!

My post today is in celebration of all the Bonus mom's out there, I have one here who is always there for me to chat with! I have used Maker Forte products for this card starting with Motherhood Is A Blessing Stamp Set.


I started as always by collecting my supplies I used very little for this card. The gorgeous frame that is the main component of the stamp set doesn't need much more than a bit of color.


My design started by me stamping the frame on to some Bristol Vellum Card. This has a tooth to it which is needed with colored pencils. The ink color I chose for this was Memento London Fog because I didn't want black outlines on my flowers.for my sentiments.for my sentiments.
I stamped towards the bottom right of the card as I wanted plenty of white space on the card and room for my sentiments.

Once I had stamped the frame I used colored pencils in yellow and purple to color the flowers and of course green for the leaves. I decided to define the diamond of the frame with black fine liner. My thought was it would stand out from the flowers but I didn't want a thick line. This was where I made a mistake! I drew through the flower that goes over the frame. Luckily I was able to remove it with a sand eraser and I was able to disguise what was remaining with another layer of yellow pencil.


I used the Best Bonus Mom Ever sentiment on the card. I love this wording! This stamp is the only set I have seen with this wording. Being a Brit living in the US I have a bonus US mom for whom I am truly grateful.
This and the sentiment I placed in the frame were both stamped using Remarkable Eclipse Black Ink. I wanted them to stand out from the card and I think black ink does this. I did have to stamp a few times as the texture of the card left gaps - Hooray for my MISTI!


Once I had finished the stamping I started to build the card. Pulling the green color from the colored I chose a mat to coordinate. I used Welsh Dragon Solid Cardstock for my mat and an A2 Top Folding Card Base.


I cut my mat so it was 1/4in narrower than my base but the same length which left a slight white edge up both sides. Making sure this was central I used wet glue to fix it in place. My image was 1/4in narrower than my mat and I fixed this in place with foam tape. This gave dimension to my card. 


Finally I added some bling with Lemon Crown Jewels. I adhered these in place with Makers Magic Crystal Clear glue. Have you seen the Makers Magic Rings? These little pink heart rings hold glue and you can dip the Micro Brush Applicators in to it getting just the right amount for sticking little gems down.


I hope this has given you some inspiration for your Mother's Day cards whether it's for your real mom or your bonus mom.

Oh and Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms and Mums!

No comments: