Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Butterfly Dreams

 Good morning, it's hard to believe it's spring give the weather we have had this past week. Wind, rain, cold and snow! 

My post today is inspiration for Maker Forte using their new Floating on Dreams Stamp Set.



I love this stamp set, I used a number of different products as well as the stamp set:


To start place the Spotlight Circle Stencil over a piece of Perfect Blend Cardstock. I had cut the card to 4x5.5in so it was slightly narrower than a A2 card base.

Over the circle I lined up the Acutely Aware Stencil, held this in place with magnets and inked over it with Icy Mist Ink


Once I removed the stencils I had a patterned spotlight in the center of my card. I then chose one of the gorgeous butterflies from Floating on Dreams and stamped this near the top left of the card. I used Remarkable Eclipse Ink for this, 1 so it stood out against the inking and 2 because I wanted to color it with alcohol markers.


The stamp set has some word trails which I stamped in Vegas Strip Ink. These trails are fine enough so you can shape them when you place on your stamping tool. I also added one of the sentiment from the set to the end of my trail.


I wanted some contrast to the card so colored the butterfly in red and pink markers. It is such a pretty stamp.


Now to build my card. I used a Top Folding A2 Card Base which I covered with Redwoods Solid Core Cardstock.


My image was added to the base using foam tape to give my card some dimension. For further interest I added some Roller Skate Crown Jewels. These help draw the eye in to the image making this the main focus.


Floating on Dreams Stamp Set has 5 different butterflies and 5 different word trails so you can mix and match for your needs. There is also a bunch of sentiments that fit with the word trails like the one I used on my card.


Thank you for taking time to read my post and if you love what you see please let me know in the comments.


No comments: